March 9, 2015

Eat the Streets


I wouldn't call myself a foodie per say, but I won't deny that I have often gone to extreme lengths in search of quality food. So to say that I was excited about the return of Off the Grid's Picnic at the Presidio would perhaps be an understatement. I was ecstatic!

Sunday afternoon I, along with my fellow blogger, Chey, and my SO, headed down to San Francisco to enjoy a gorgeous day in the city. I will admit the traffic was daunting; the drive up through the park took a while, but Off the Grid was worth the wait and delivered on all the hype.
I have never seen so many trucks, stalls, vendors, and carts ready to deliver delicious, mouth-watering food in one location.

I don't think I've heard my stomach rumble that loudly either.
Not to mention, the atmosphere fostered by the chill, laid-back crowd, the soft breeze blowing in from the bay, sunshine, and great music were definite perks. We for sure did not stay long enough.
It's unfortunate that we arrived so hungry or I would have taken a bit more time sifting through the various crowds and tasting a little bit of everything. 

569 573 571

My suggestions however:
Shawafel Burrito at SAJJ
Strawberry Fields or Tropical Roots at Happy Moose Juice


Green Tea Ice Cream Sandwich with Lemon Cookies at Cream, because one must ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make room for dessert.

589 585 586

How about you? What do think of Off the Grid? Gimme your favs and disses.




No comments:

Post a Comment